Monday, October 13, 2008

Steps of Faith


I've been making some moves lately if you haven't already heard. First I headed out from Atlanta to San Diego on a 4 day adventure of Motel 6 and Waffle House meeting all kinds of characters all the way. GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ, and CA. I was unsure of whether this was right decision or not. But at this point nothing ever seems to be sure.

Of course if I hadn't come to San Diego then I probably wouldn't have proposed to my fiance and given some thought to living at home for a while. So, yes I am getting MARRIED. Long story short it was an unplanned, spur of the moment proposal. I called her father to ask for her hand in marriage over the phone in the bathroom after seeing the movie "Fireproof" (a must see I recommend http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/). We headed down to Sunset Cliffs. I decided to go there since that was where our first date was. I proposed there in with the cold wind wisping across our faces.

Soon after I headed home to the Bay Area, and we started our wedding planning which will be a bit of grind with a proposed date in March or April. I've decided to live at home and work until Ashley and I tie the knot. And then we will move in together.

Through all the stuff that's going on between a wedding, football, living circumstances, and work, I try to stay grounded and not in space.

My focus has taken a big shift from football to our upcoming wedding, but my regime in preparation for a professional football opportunity has not changed. The door is still open and I will continue to pursue it until God closes that door.

It's a new beginning and not the end of the world like some say it is.

Wedding planning can be overwhelming, but we are just trying to have fun.

(I know the new color is a little womanly, but it's our wedding colors)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering when you were going to update your blog with the news of your engagement. I am so excited for you both!! I like the colors too..:) Let me know if you need any help.

Anonymous said...

nikolai, you being able to celebrate the wedding colors is quite a victory in my book. for that you're more of a man than most.

the mound of goodness is a filipino dessert called "halo-halo." i suggest u and ash go out for some. cancel that, i'm taking you guys out for some when i see you.